- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 pound melted butter, cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Mix eggs, flour, sugar, melted butter, and cardamom together in a bowl.
- Dissolve baking soda in water and add to the mixture.
- Stir in sour cream
- Thin down, if needed, with water.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup batter on a waffle iron (Norwegian waffles are usually shaped with five heart-shaped pieces connected in a circle).
- Serve with sour cream and raspberry, blackberry, strawberry, or lingonberry jam.